Choosing the right carrier is the first step in getting ahead in higher education. You cannot be fully organized or prepared with a bag that forces you to leave some supplies in your dorm room for lack of space. We did a bit of research and found that the best backpacks for college have the following:
- A large main compartment that accommodates laptops;
- Padding to protect electronics;
- Smaller compartments for storing computer accessories, general school supplies, and other electronic gadgets;
- S-shaped straps that make for a comfortable fit;
The following best backpacks for college have all of the above components in some form.
10. AmazonBasics Classic Backpack
It’s lightweight and durable. What else can you ask for in a backpack? The AmazonBasics is the carrier to choose when you want something simple yet proficient. This backpack comes with a main compartment and additional zippered pocket in the back of the carrier.
- Front pocket provides easy access;
- Spacious main compartment;
- Side pockets;
- Color is disappointing;
- Thin and uncomfortable straps;
- Zipper is not strong enough;
9. Winblo Laptop Backpack
Weighing just over one pound and having an external design that is resistant to water and other liquids, this backpack is the ideal choice for college students who rely on technology for learning. The Winblo laptop backpack serves as a carrier for laptops under 15.6 inches.
- Good straps;
- Loops inside of the bag allow for connecting electronic devices;
- Uncomfortable feeling when worn on shoulders;
- Water bottle pockets are too small;
- Side pockets are too tight to fit certain electronic devices;
8. Mancro Business Water Resistant Polyester Laptop Backpack
You get three main pockets on the outside and nine small pockets inside that store fragile valuables on the Mancro water-resistant backpack. This water-resistant backpack is for laptops that are less than 17 inches and easily accommodates smaller electronics such iPhones and iPads.
- “S” curve straps;
- Lightweight material;
- Zippers break easily;
- Interior stitching does not hold up;
- Not enough padding on the straps;
7. Mozone Casual Backpack
The best backpacks for college come with a rain cover that ensures the safety of your electronics. You can place laptops up to 16 inches wide in the backpack along with other supplies needed for class. Padded straps and an overall fashionable design make the Mozone carrier ideal for college-bound women.
- Stylish design;
- Water resistant fabric;
- Uncomfortable shoulder straps;
- Zipper gets caught in fabric;
- Not enough space for binders coupled with textbooks and laptop;
6. Mountaintop Casual College Backpack
Ideal for every day use and various lifestyles, this backpack was created for the college students who enjoy various activities. The S-shaped shoulder straps adjust to add an extra level of comfort. This backpack has one main compartment and three additional pockets for small accessories.
- Padded sleeve for laptops;
- Reinforced straps;
- Padding throughout the backpack;
- Fabric has a rough feel;
- Hip strap is difficult to detach;
5. Under Armour Storm Recruit Backpack
Athletic students rejoice. Under Armour is the standard when it comes to fitness products and their backpacks are no exception. There are several components to the Under Armour bag, which makes it one of the best backpacks for college students who love sports.
- Laptop pouch fits computers up to 15 inches;
- Deep side pockets;
- Not suitable for storing large textbooks;
- Cheap material;
- Misleading color scheme;
4. SOCKO Laptop Backpack
Put your MacBook or Notebook in this fashionable carrier. This backpack accommodates laptops up to 17 inches wide. The velcro foam padding layer is for shock absorption.
- Single shoulder strap;
- Sleek look;
- Unnecessary pockets;
- Not enough padding on the sides;
- Stiff material;
3. HotStyle 936 Plus College Backpack
Sometimes casual is everything that you need to thrive. This product is one of the best backpacks for college because of its simple design that is made of waterproof material. Seven pockets inside of the main compartment make it easier to stay organized.
- Stylish and affordable;
- Fits laptops up to 17 inches wide;
- plenty of padding;
- Not as durable as other best backpacks for college;
- Fabric feels cheap;
- Straps are uncomfortable;
2. KAUKKO Outdoor Backpack
Those searching for a water-resistant backpack on the high-end side can rejoice. This polyester carrier is easy to clean and comes with a small bag that may be used as a purse or pen holder. This backpack can hold laptops up to 15.6 inches.
- Deep pocket for extra storage;
- Padding on shoulder strap;
- Drawstring is poorly made;
- Laptop compartment is too small;
- Coloring rubs off;
1. Weekend Shopper Lightweight Canvas Leather Travel Backpack
Fabric that is appealing and a lightweight design make this backpack one of the better choices. The Weekend Shopper carrier comes with Velcro closures for convenience and a compartment that fits a laptop up to 15 inches wide.
- Comfortable straps;
- Velcro strap;
- Smaller compartment for gadgets;
- Not easy to get to the front pocket;
- Bottom of bag rips too easily;
- Strong chemical smell associated with the bag;
When searching for the best backpacks for college, you want a carrier that is comfortable, durable, and convenient. Bags with S-shaped straps and an abundance of space for laptops are the most efficient for use when transporting supplies from home to school. This guide can help you find the right backpack and enjoy the school year.