Shower filters can definitely improve your experience in the shower. If the water is too hard, it can cause problems such as itchy and dry skin. Shower filters are perfect for those who want to have more pleasant showering experiences. In this article, we will explore 10 of the best shower filters available, looking at their features, pros, cons, and Amazon ratings.
10. Vitamin C Handheld Rain Shower Head With Water Filter
If you’re looking for a shower head-shower filter combo, this one is worth looking into more. It uses vitamin C to neutralize chlorine and chloramines in your water. Simple to install, it can outlast up to 30,000 gallons of water before needing to be replaced.
– Provides cleaner and softer water
– High pressure
– Long lasting
– Filters can be expensive to replace
The combo has received 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 17 reviews.
9. AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter
The shower filter from AquaBliss removes not only chlorine, but heavy metals as well. It uses multi-stage filtration to ensure cleanliness of the water. This unit can be used with any sort of shower head.
– inhibits growth of algae, scale, and mold
– Revitalizes skin
– Easy to install
– Will leak if not installed properly
On Amazon, the product has been rated 4.5 out of 5 stars, from 1,316 customer reviews.
8. Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter System
The Water Filter System from Aquasana minimizes synthetic materials in your water. It relies on a a two-stage filtration system to ensure the water is clear.
– Up-flow filter design
– Enhances pH balance
– Removes more than 90 percent of chlorine
– May reduce water pressure in some shower heads
Amazon shoppers have given the system 4.5 out of 5 stars, according to 1,008 reviews.
7. Culligan ISH-100 Inline Shower Filter
This shower filter can be used on any standard 1/2-inch shower head. It filters out the smell of chlorine and sulfur. It also cleanses the water of these two compounds.
– No tools required for installation
– Includes a filter cartridge
– May leak if not properly installed
The filter is rated 3.9 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 717 reviews.
6. AquaBliss High Output 8-Stage Shower Filter
This filter features eight stages of filtration. It removes chlorine, heavy metals and more. This unit comes with two replacement cartridges.
– Improves pH
– Revitalizes body
– Can be difficult to install the unit correctly
The product has been given a 4.4 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, from 111 reviews.
5. SpringLogic High Output Shower Filter
This shower filter can remove heavy metals and chlorine. It reduces iron levels to ensure that you have to clean your shower less. The filter can outlast 10,000 gallons of water.
– Revitalizes skin, nails, and hair
– Smart filtration system
– Easy to replace cartridges
– Tricky to install without a plumbers wrench
The filter has been given 4.4 out of 5 stars, according to 46 reviews.
4. Sprite HO2-WH-M Universal Shower Filter
The Sprite Shower Filter works by keeping chlorine out of your water. This can help to make skin and hair feel softer and healthier.
– Promotes easier breathing
– Reversible filter cartridge
– Must be carefully installed or it might spring a leak
On Amazon, the shower filter has been given a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, from 469 customer reviews.
3. Berkey Shower Filter Without Shower Head
The shower filter from Berkey is able to reduce up to 95 percent of chlorine in your water, which makes it one of the best shower filters on the market. It also reduces any chemicals in your tap water.
– Reduces vapor inhalation
– Back flush attachment
– May not improve the flow of water pressure in some showers
The filter has been rated 4.4 out of 5 stars by Amazon users, out of 240 reviews.
2. HotelSpa 1126 Universal High Performance Shower Filter
This shower filter features a two-stage filtration cartridge. The cartridge helps eliminate chlorine, sulfur and other unwanted compounds.
– Can be used with any type of shower head
– Contains KDF for chlorine removal
– Easy to install
– May reduce water pressure in some showers
On Amazon, the product has been given 3.9 out of 5 stars, from 67 reviews.
1. Barclay’s Buys Shower Head with Shower Filter
Another great shower head-shower filter combo, this one has one of the best shower filters you could buy. It comes with a three-stage filtration system. It uses sponges and carbon to eliminate compounds like chlorine. Moreover, it saves water, but doesn’t diminish water pressure.
– Prevents dry hair and itchy skin
– 100 percent money back guarantee
– May leak if not properly installed with a plumbers wrench
Amazon shoppers have given the filter 4.5 out of 5 stars, according to 457 customer reviews.
Are you struggling with dry hair and itchy skin? It might be all the fluoride and chlorine in the shower water. Hard water is detrimental not only to your skin, but also to your shower. Read over our list of 10 of the best shower filters you can purchase. Then, pick the one that serves you best. Don’t forget to let us know your opinion of it in the comments down below.