Are you searching for the perfect shoes to take your volleyball career to the next level? If that’s a yes, you’ve come to the right place. This quick review will help you find the best volleyball shoes for your needs. The shoes that appear on this list have been reviewed based on different aspects including their design, weight, cushioning, color choices, breathability, and flexibility among other considerations. Let’s have a look at the top 10 best volleyball shoes available on the market in 2017.
10. ASICS Women’s Gel-Domain 4 Volleyball Shoe
Just like its predecessors, the fourth edition of the Gel-Domain does not disappoint. This shoe features Asics Trusstic system technology that improves the foot’s propulsion, allowing quicker moves around the volleyball court.
• The shoe fits perfectly.
• Is very comfortable.
• Provides excellent traction on indoor court surfaces.
• Has a shallow toe box.
• The sneaker rips off easily on the side.
9. Mizuno Men’s Wave Bolt 5 Volleyball Shoe
The Mizuno Wave Bolt 5 is a lightweight shoe specially designed for recreational volleyball players. The sneaker is designed to increase flexibility and stability allowing players to make more accurate and agile movements while on the volleyball court. Players will appreciate the shoe’s cushioning thanks to the Wave technology that disperses shock throughout the sole.
• Provides high traction grip to the floor.
• It offers a comfortable fit.
• Runs small
8. Adidas Women’s Volley Response Boost W Volleyball Shoe
This shoe features a responsive-boost energy-returning technology that makes it a suitable choice for professional volleyball players. Its lightweight design allows players to play for long without developing sore feet. Adidas Women’s Volleyball Shoes offers players with unmatched comfort and superior cushioning making it one of the best volleyball shoes of all time.
• Provides excellent grip on all indoor surfaces.
• Has sufficient room in the toe box.
• The shoe has a wide shape that is unsuitable for narrow feet.
7. Mizuno Men’s Wave Lightning Z2 Volleyball Shoe
The second edition of the Wave Lighting series brings with it some significant advancements that most volleyball players will appreciate. The second edition of Wave Lightning Z features a three-layer seamless upper that not only reduces irritation and blisters while playing but ensures durability at the top of the shoe. This feature makes it one of the best volleyball shoes in the market. The shoe is also great for fashion lovers as it comes in an array of colors all of which maintain a black and white theme.
• Is a very comfortable shoe.
• The shoe is lightweight and durable.
• Provides excellent flexibility and agility.
• Its suspension system offers great court traction.
• Is highly-priced compared to other volleyball shoes of its class.
• The sneakers fit true to size but run a bit small.
6. ASICS Women’s Gel Upcourt Volleyball Sho
Asics Women Gel Upcourt is an excellent shoe for junior volleyball players who will outgrow their shoe before they wear them out. The shoe is also a great choice for multi-court female players who want a lightweight shoe that offers a supportive ride. The shoe is comfortable to play in and fits well in different foot types. This makes it one of the best volleyball shoes for women.
• Provides great stability.
• The rearfoot gel cushioning system offers enhanced cushioning.
• Has mesh underlays and leather overlays that promote breathability.
• Wears out quickly.
• Has poor arch support.
5. Mizuno Women’s Wave Lightning RX3 Shoe
The Mizuno Women’s Wave Lightning RX3 is a high-performance shoe that uses the best technologies that Mizuno has to offer. The shoe is perfect for recreational and professional level players. The Parallel Wave Technology incorporated into the shoe helps in dispersing shock throughout the sole. This allows for a lightweight cushioning and enhanced stability.
The Dynamotion Groove functionality integrated into the outsole improves flexibility and agility during performance without sacrificing forefoot stability. Additionally, the midsole ventilation system helps in reducing heat and humidity inside the shoe during activity.
• Come in multiple colors.
• Size issues (some shoes might not fit some people).
4. Nike Volley Hyperspike Zoom Women’s Volleyball Shoes
The attractive Nike Volley Zoom Hyperspike is a high-performance, lightweight shoe designed to fit all foot types. The shoe uses the Flywire 3.0 technology to provide an excellent foot lockdown. Additionally, the rubber outsole provides you with an excellent grip during performance.
• The shoes are comfortable.
• The shoes fit well.
• Size (somewhat large).
3. Adidas Performance Essence Women’s Volleyball Shoe
Adidas is known to make quality shoes. On the same note, they did not disappoint with the Adidas Performance Essence Women’s Volleyball Shoe. The lightweight textile/synthetic fabrics used in the manufacture of the shoe are breathable, non-irritant and durable. Additionally, the fabrics have a stylish outlook and don’t need special maintenance to retain their overall look.
The adiPRENE + and adiPRENE technologies incorporated into the shoes help in maximizing propulsion and absorbing shock respectively. The shoe also uses the AdiTUFF system in the toe area to offer abrasion resistance.
• Comfortable fit.
• Perfect traction.
• The shoes may run large after some time.
2. Mizuno Men’s Wave Tornado 8 Volleyball Shoes
The Mizuno Wave Tornado 8 are an excellent pick for any man looking for a shoe that provides ample stability. This shoe features some of the most advanced technologies from Mizuno.
The volleyball specific full-length Pebax Wave technology offers superior stability as well as cushioning when landing and jumping. Triple-layered mesh upper works with the full-length midsole ventilation technology to minimize heat and humidity build-up inside the shoe during action.
• Great support.
• Comfortable landing.
• Lacks ankle support.
1. ASICS Women’s Gel Rocket 7 Volley Ball Shoe
ASICS does it again with its GEL-Rocket 7 series volleyball shoes. If you are a woman volleyball player, the women’s version of the Gel-Rocket 7 might be a viable choice for you. The shoe is relatively light (weigh about 9.5 oz.) and comes in different color combinations.
Different proprietary shoe technologies have been incorporated into the shoe to enhance court grip, comfort, and foot protection.
• Provide great arch support.
• Offers plenty of grip.
• Sizing may be an issue for some users
With several shoe brands in the market, it can be overwhelming when it comes to choosing the right shoes that will meet your needs. That is why we reviewed for you the ten best volleyball shoes of 2017. We believe that this review will help you pick the right shoes.