If you’re dealing with back pain from stress, inflammation, or injuries, and you can’t get regular massages, you could buy a personal back massager to relieve those aches and pains afflicting your back, without breaking your budget. We have selected the best back massager options on the market, based on user reviews and ratings, to help you find the right one for you. The best back massagers on our list are highly-rated by hundreds of satisfied customers.
1. Five S FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion
There is a reason that the Five S FS8812 Massage Seat made it on our list for the best back massagers. As the name implies, this is a massaging seat, so it massages your body from your neck to the back of your thighs. The hand-held controller lets you choose between three massage speeds, the areas you want to target, and whether you want the heat on or off.
It is also portable, so you can use it at home, work, or in your car. It should be noted, however, that this is not a shiatsu massager. Instead of utilizing rolling balls, the massage effect comes from the vibration.
- Note: This is not a Shiatsu kneading massager. This is a vibration massager only, no rolling balls. Do not buy this item...
- FIVE S FS8812 invigorating massage seat cushion with 10 vibration motors for neck, shoulders, back and thighs. Soothing...
- 3 massage speeds or intensities, 4 massage programs, independent heat on/off control. 4 zones: Each of these zones can...
2. Five S FS8801 Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager
The next item on our list is also from Five S. When it comes to customer satisfaction, this is surely one of the best back massagers. The FS8801 can be draped over any part of the body that needs care but is specifically designed to ease neck and back pain and tension. This massager utilizes rolling balls to simulate a shiatsu massage, which means that the massage is more intense than a regular vibrating massager.
The user can switch the heat on and off and can switch the direction of rotation as well. Since this is a more intense massage, the makers recommend only using this massager for up to thirty minutes at a time.
- Note: This is not cordless. There is no battery in it. It must be plugged in for it to work.
- 8 deep-3D-Rotation kneading Shiatsu massage nodes. Soothing heat function. Overheat protection and automatic shut off in...
- The combination of massage and heat therapy will help increase blood circulation and relieve muscle soreness, pain,...
3. Naturalico Shiatsu Massager
Another shiatsu massager that can be draped over the body is the Naturalico Shiatsu Massager. This item is designed to simulate a deep tissue shiatsu massage, to work out even the most stubborn of knots. The user can control the heat, as well as the direction of rotation, with this lightweight massager.
You can use this massager at home, at the office, or in your car. It is perfect for people who are seeking to recover from injuries, because it increases mobility and circulation. Due to the bi-direction movement, you will feel as if you’re getting a personal massage.
- SOOTHING HEAT THERAPY-The optional heat function adds gentle warmth that soothes aching muscles and simultaneously...
- ARMREST DESIGN Multipurose handle belt to free hands and Arms, allow adjustment of pillow during massage and adjustment...
- SUITABLE FOR use in Car, Home, Office, AC home adapter and Car adapter included.
4. Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager
The Zyllion ZMA-13-BK is a bit different from the rest of the products on our list of best back massager options, in that it also doubles as a pillow. The pillow massager comes with an adjustable strap, so that you can attach it to any chair.
While it doesn’t come with a personal controller, the rotating balls switch directions automatically throughout the massage, and the massager shuts off after 20 minutes, to protect your health. This massager offers a 90-day money back guarantee, so you can return it no matter the problem you have with it.
- Relieves Sore Muscles: Powerful 3-Dimension Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Massage Nodes relax overused and tight muscles...
- Versatile: Ergonomic and compact pillow massager fits perfectly behind neck and body contours of lower- & upper-back,...
- Makes The Perfect Gift: Give the gift of high-end, high tech comfort to your loved ones!
5. Tekjoy FDA-Approved Deep Kneading Massager
The Tekjoy massager differs from the other shiatsu massagers on our list in that you can control the speed, direction of rotation, and the heat that the massager disperses. As with the other back massagers reviewed here, it is specifically designed for your back and neck, though you can use it on any part of your body that is experiencing muscle tension.
This massager is made of mesh and leatherette, which means it is extremely easy to clean. It offers an 18-month warranty and 30-day return guarantee. The AC and car adapter is extra long (10 feet), so you can plug it in and use it anywhere.
- Deep Relaxation: 8 high-grade massage nodes deliver deep-tissue, 3D treatment. Your personal masseuse is available on...
- Hit The Spot: Position perfectly and choose from a pre-set routine, or customize rotation and heat. Apply just the right...
- Smarter Design: Made with non-abrasive micro-mesh that's kinder to skin, and lower controls – so your settings are...
6. HoMedics HHP-350 Percussion Action Massager
No list of the best back massagers would be complete without a few handheld options. One such option is the HoMedics HHP-350 Percussion Action Massager. This handheld massager features two nodes, the ability to control massage speed, an ergonomic handle, and three massage intensities: firm, gentle, and soothing heat.
The dual pivoting massage heads run at 3100 pulses per minute, so this back massager is quite powerful. It is also extremely easy to use, since all you need to do to turn it on is to press the POWER button, and keep pressing it until you reach the desired intensity.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: This Handheld Heated Massager is lightweight and portable. Bring it with you to work, on the...
- SOOTHING HEAT FEATURE: This deep kneading handheld massager has an optional heating feature. The use of heat helps to...
- DUAL PIVOTING MASSAGE HEADS: The dual pivoting massage heads operate at up to 3100 pulses per minute. Enjoy the four...
7. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Electric Massager
The WAHL 4290-300 is another ergonomically-designed handheld massager. It allows you to control the intensity of the massage, so you can choose anything from a gentle massage to a strong one. You can also switch between the four attachments: flat disc, four finger flex, acupoint, and deep muscle, depending on the kind of massage you want.
One of the most important features of this handheld back massager is that it allows you to relieve pain and fatigue, due to the fact that it offers deep-tissue percussion therapeutic massage. The unit comes with a cord, so it provides maximum power. No wonder it is one of the best back massagers on the market.
- Purchase Now – Enjoy all the benefits this handheld variable percussive body massager has to offer; Enjoy the...
- Variable Intensity – Features a variable speed dial for gentle to intense massage; Reduces pain & fatigue from joints,...
- 4 Unique Attachment Heads – Flat disc for extra wide coverage, 4-finger flex to replicate fingers from a massage,...
8. Naipo Handheld Massager Percussion Electric Massage
Check out this pick for one of the best back massagers. The Naipo massager is perhaps less ergonomically-designed than the other handheld options we’ve discussed above, but it provides multiple controls so that the user can adjust the heat, intensity, and speed of the massage, to suit his or her needs and preferences. You can also switch between six different massage nodes, to target any area of your body that needs massaging.
The wide speed range is what makes this product the fourth best back massager on this list. It works both for people who desire a gentle massage experience and for people who prefer more intense massaging experiences.
- 💕6 interchangeable massage nodes - The handheld massager, equipped with with 3 pairs of different massage nodes (made...
- 💕Wide-range speed - Whether you prefer a gentler massage experience or an intenser one, simply rotate the rotary...
- 💕Intense motor - The percussion frequency of the hand held massager reaches 3800 times per minute with the built-in...
9. Pure Enrichment PurePulse Electronic Pulse Massager
Are you looking for the best back massagers? You’ve found one here. The PurePulse massager is quite unique in what concerns the options on our list of best back massager products. That is because it doesn’t use vibration, percussion, or rolling balls to target the muscles, but rather electronic pulses. You can attach the nodes to any part of your body, and use the LCD display to control every aspect of your massage session, from intensity to speed, and length.
Note: Currently, this back massager is no longer available for purchase. However, you can find a similar one if you look at our next entry.
- 6 PROGRAM MODES: Pre-programmed for targeted areas: waist, shoulder, joint, hand, leg, and foot with a built-in...
- 3 MASSAGE TYPES: Choose from massage, beat, and knead settings to help ease muscle stiffness, soreness and chronic pain
- 2 CHANNEL MODES: Treat 2 different areas simultaneously using different pulse and speed settings
10. SAMESAY Electronic Pulse Massager
The Samesay back massager is designed to offer instant relief from pain. If you suffer from back pain, inflamed joints/disks, shoulder tension, and other disabilities or injuries, you will enjoy using this device. Its low-frequency electrical pulses reach your peripheral nerves to offer pain management and relief.
It comes with easily adjustable settings, an LCD screen, and a built-in timer. In addition, it is easy and safe to use, and FDA-approved. Using the Samesay Electronic Pulse Massager is a proven way to get rid of pain without medication. Not to mention the fact that its small size and portability make it easy to carry around anywhere.
No products found.
11. Gaiam Restore Pressure Point Muscle Roller Massage Stick
One of the best back massagers on our list is the Gaiam Pressure Point Massager. If you are looking for a no bells and whistles massager, this could be a suitable option for you. This massager is specifically geared towards sports-related injuries and strains—it is a handheld roller that you can use to increase circulation, relax tight muscles, and ease muscle soreness.
If you suffer from restless leg syndrome, you could also look into this massager. Individuals suffering from this syndrome also experience leg pain, and this massager can help ease that, as well as smooth out particularly tough skin spots.
- MASSAGE STICK ROLLER: Targets pressure points to stimulate tissue recovery and promote circulation for rapid healing
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE: Spiked nodules provide deep tissue massage for effective relief and treatment of muscle pain and...
- CELLULITE BLASTER: Also works great in helping to roll and smooth out tough skin spots and helps to ease leg pain at...
Types of Back Massagers
As you have already seen, there are so many types of back massagers on the market. Whether you are looking for something to deal with alleviating muscle cramps or to soothe an old and aching pain, we have found just what you need. We have conducted extensive research, read countless customer reviews, and tested out the top picks on the market to make your search a bit easier. Read on to learn about the various types of back massagers and which one is best-suited to meet your needs.
Chair Back Massager
Okay, let’s be honest. We’ve all gone into Brookstone one time or another just to sit in the massage chairs for a half an hour. A chair back massager is honestly one of the best pieces of furniture that you could add to your home. Why is it such a great investment? It’s the closest thing you can get to a hands-on massage. We can’t all afford a personal masseuse, you know. A good massage can do a great job of relieving back pain.
Chair Pad Massager
Have you ever heard of a chair pad massager? For those who can’t afford to splurge on the whole chair, this is the next best thing. It’s exactly what it sounds like. The ergonomic seat design allows you to bring it anywhere for instant pain relief and spa-like soothing properties. Simply attach it to your favorite chair. The chair pad massager hooks over the back of your regular chair and underneath it to provide your back with full massage coverage.
You’ve seen these everywhere. There are so many good reasons to invest in a handheld massager. First, they are affordable. In addition, they are easily portable which makes them a great buy for frequent travelers or just busy-bees on the go. Treat pain anytime and get sore muscle relief anywhere with the best handheld massager.
Who doesn’t love a little shoulder heat therapy? You have probably used these styles in Brookstone too. We mean, how can you resist? The belt massager is another ergonomic design for people on the go. Wrap it around your lower back or drape it over your shoulders to target the spot where you are feeling the most pain. This will help you to get a deep massage in these areas and improve blood flow distribution. More often than not, these come in heating back massagers too.
Cushion or Pillow Massager
Use a cushion or pillow massager just like you would your favorite comfy pillows in your bedroom at home. Tuck it right under the spot where you need the most relief.
The Best Back Massagers: Final Review
We hope you have enjoyed our search for the best back massagers you can find on the market—we did our best to suit a variety of needs and budgets. Do you have any experience with the items on the list? Is there a back massager that you love that didn’t make it on our list? If so, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Recommended read: 10 Best Inversion Tables