Do you have kids or own pets? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you are in need of the best carpet shampoo. Ordinary purchases won’t get out those tough, ingrained stains. In this article, we list the top products on the market in 2019 to combat grease marks, muddy pawprints, puppy accidents, and more. Each product on our list is ranked with pros and cons as well as our personal feedback and an Amazon review. Read on to find out which product is the best fit your current needs.
The Best Carpet Shampoo Products: Our Top Picks
1. Genuine Kirby Pet Owners Foaming Carpet Shampoo
Now, this is a top contender for the title of the best carpet shampoo. It is full of heavy-duty enzymes that attack and remove stains. It at once cleans and deodorizes any carpet and living space. Safe for both pets and children alike, this formula removes pet dander successfully.
- Pleasant scent (lavender)
- Concentrated solution
- Controls pet dander allergies
- The smell can be overpowering while cleaning the carpets
This carpet shampoo was given a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon, out of 250 customer reviews.
2. Koblenz 20-0529-6 Dry Foam Rug Shampoo
This dry foam carpet shampoo from Koblenz can be used with their regular carpet shampooers. Its dry foam formula means carpet cleaning without a soaked carpet. The formula helps brighten the original color of the carpet.
- No need to use water
- No soaked fibers
- Doesn’t work that well on stains that have been there for a long time
This product has been given a 5 out of 5 stars rating by Amazon customers, according to 27 reviews.
3. Resolve Carpet Steam Cleaner Solution
This carpet cleaning solution not only cleans but also softens carpets. It deodorizes the carpets while protecting against further dirt accumulation. This is one of the best carpet shampoos for cleaning large portions of carpet.
- Perfect for steam cleaning
- Low foaming action
- Refreshing scent
- Deep cleaning power
- Best used on newer stains; not as effective on deeply set stains
Amazon shoppers have given this solution 4.7 out of 5 stars, according to 44 customer reviews.
4. Genuine Rainbow AquaMate Carpet Shampoo
This carpet cleaner shampoo has been designed to work with any AquaMate carpet cleaner. The concentrated formula makes it simple to choose how much of it you want to use. It can tackle any carpet up to 500 square feet.
- A little bit of it goes a long way
- Powerful formula
- Can clean large areas
- Smaller bottle
This carpet shampoo from Rainbow was rated at 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 65 customer reviews.
5. Kirby One Gallon Allergen Shampoo
This carpet shampoo is one of the best carpet shampoos for pet allergies. It is also unscented to help those with fragrance allergies. Unlike other carpet shampoos, this shampoo can be used with any brand of carpet cleaner.
- Allergy friendly
- Generates a lot of foam upon use
This Kirby shampoo was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by Amazon reviewers, out of 248 reviews.
5. BISSELL 62E5A 2X Concentrated Deep Clean & Protect Full-Size Machine Formula
This carpet cleaning shampoo from BISSELL is environmentally friendly. It can target both new and old stains. This shampoo is safe for children and pets alike.
- Tested by the EPA
- Perfect for any kind of stain
- Sustainable design
- Has a slight smell that can be off putting
This product is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, from 159 customer reviews.
6. Hoover Platinum Collection Professional Strength Pet Plus Carpet & Upholstery Detergent
This carpet detergent from Hoover can remove grass stains, pet accidents, blood, vomit, and other difficult to clean stains. It can be used with any Hoover carpet cleaner.
- Works on tough stains
- Professional-strength formula
- Fresh scent
- Has trouble cleaning up urine
This carpet cleaner has been given 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, according to 118 customer reviews.
7. Kirby 235406 Pet Owners Carpet Shampoo
If you own any pets, this shampoo is one of the best carpet shampoos you can buy. It removes both odors and stains from the carpet. It is ultra safe for both pets and children. The shampoo also helps to eliminate pet dander that causes allergic reactions.
- Heavy duty formula
- Cleans and deodorizes
- Attacks odors
- Best suited for use only in a steam cleaner
Amazon customers have rated this product 4.4 out of 5 stars, according to 89 reviews.
8. Puracy Natural Carpet Shampoo
The Puracy Carpet Shampoo is an all-natural, plant-based detergent, which makes it one of the best carpet shampoos around. This means it is totally safe for children and pets alike. It is completely free of chemicals such as sulfates.
- Professional results
- Can be used by hand and with carpet machines
- Concentrated action
- Produces an abundance of foam
Amazon shoppers have given this carpet shampoo 4.4 out of 5 stars, from 92 customer reviews.
9. Franklin F538022 1 Gallon Super Carpet And Upholstery Concentrated Dry Foam
Finally, the last carpet shampoo on today’s list uses dry foam that will not soak your carpets. This is not the only reason why it’s a great option. It is perfect not only for carpets but upholstery as well. This means you won’t need two products. You can just use this cleaning solution for both jobs.
- Keeps carpets dry while you clean
- Can clean different materials
- Foams up a lot
Amazon customers have given this dry foam carpet shampoo from Franklin 4.4 out of 5 stars, out of 38 reviews.
The Best Carpet Shampoo in Review
We hope you enjoyed reading our review of the best carpet shampoo picks on the market. Carpet cleaning solutions are great for cleaning and deodorizing your carpets. Since you have to make sure the product you use is safe for you, your kids, or your pets, our review of some of the best carpet shampoos you can order online can serve as a useful guide. Do you have a favorite carpet cleaner that we missed? Add it to this list in the comments below. Be sure to check out our reviews on the best hardwood floor cleaners as well.