Curling wands are an essential product for women who love creating versatile curls. Simple to use, they are items that help curl every hair type. However, choosing the best curling wand can be a struggle. This article will provide an overview of the 12 best curling wands, irons, and tongs available online. We will focus on their pros and cons, helping you find the best curling wand to turn straight hair into beautiful curls, beach waves, ringlets, and more. Moreover, we will also keep in mind user ratings and reviews when ranking the products.
12. PARWIN BEAUTY Curling Iron 1.25 Inch
This curling iron from Parwin Beauty features a black diamond ceramic coating that prevents frizz. It has a large barrel that allows for massive curls. It is suitable for all hair types and styles. This iron uses negative ions and steam to preserve the natural moisture in your hair, which helps it to banish flyaways and preserve the natural color of your hair.
- Creates voluminous curls
- Reduces frizz
- Comes with a heat-resistant glove
- Can feel bulky in the hand
- Can be accidentally turned off when using due to the positioning of the on/off button
- It does not get very hot, which might be a problem for very unruly hair
11. xtava Twist Hair Curling Wand
This xtava curling wand has a large barrel, excellent for producing voluminous curls. It uses ionic technology to protect hair from heat damage. This curling wand allows you to use the perfect temperature when curling your hair. It comes with 22 heat settings that range from 200 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Perfect for both short and long hair
- Has a cool tip that protects the user
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Thick hair may not work as well on this wand
- There’s a learning curve with this curling wand
- The hair tends to slip on the wand.
10. XARA 6 IN 1 CURLING IRON SET
The Xara curling iron set is a six-in-one product that features different sized barrels (1-inch tapered, 1/2-inch tapered, 1.5-inch, 1/2-inch with spring, 1-inch, and 1.5 inch). It uses temperature control for the perfect curl every time. The barrels are infused with tourmaline, which adds shine and reduces frizzing.
- Six different barrels allow for different sizes of curls
- Three different heat settings
- LED temperature control
- Not ideal for fine hair
- The iron can get really hot at times
- It doesn’t come with a heat-resistant glove
Note: The Xara 6 in 1 curling iron set is not available for purchase at this time. For a similar product, check out our next entry.
9. Natalie Styx Curling Iron Wand
This is another curling wand set, this time from Natalie Styx. While very similar to the previous product on our list, this one has 7 different barrels you can choose from: 4 clipless barrels from 0.35 to 0.98 inches, one 1-inch bubble barrel, and two barrels that come with clamps.
- Suitable for all hair types
- LCD display that controls the temperature
- Auto shut off feature
- The handle tends to get hot at the top
- The clamps might be too lose to grip fine hair
- If you have long hair, it will take you a long time to curl it, due to the small size of the barrels
8. BESTOPE 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron Wand Set
This hair curling wand has five unique barrels for different sizes of curls (0.35 to 0.75-inch, 0.75 to 1.25-inch, 0.5 to 1-inch, 1 to 1-inch, and 1-inch spiral barrel). Its ceramic heat technology reduces frizz. The wands are suitable for all types of hair.
- You can use it for waves, big curls, ringlets, corkscrew curls, and more
- Ceramic tourmaline leaves hair smoother and healthier
- The wands heat up fast
- Difficult to change out the barrels
- The set does not include a heat protective glove
7. NexGadget 3 in 1 Curling Iron
The NexGadget hair wand set features three unique, interchangeable wands for different curl sizes. Its tourmaline titanium coating helps reduce frizz and increase sleek shininess. It has a thermal head that keeps it from getting too hot and protects you from getting burned.
- You can do 3 hairstyles with only one wand
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- LED indicator
- The materials seem cheap
- The attachments are difficult to assemble
- No auto shut off feature
6. Natalie Styx Hair Iron
The Natalie Styx curling iron set heats up quickly. It features temperature control from 140 to 430 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a salon-quality curling wand, and definitely one of the 10 best curling wands out there.
- Safe and tangle-free swivel
- Suits all hair types
- Feels bulky when using
- The lack of clips on the barrel can be annoying for some users
- It takes long to cool
5. CHJPro 5 in 1 Hair Curling Iron Wand Set
This curling wand set features five different curling barrels (32-32mm, 25-25mm, 20-25mm, 19-19mm, and 09-19mm). This way, you can choose the size of your curls. It also features a safe and comfortable ergonomic handle.
- Allows versatility when curling your hair
- Safe and comfortable to use
- Locks moisture in your hair
- Has a slight learning curve
- Some users have reported it breaking quite easily
Note: At this time, this curling wand set is not available online. However, the next set on our list is very similar to this one.
4. xtava Satin Wave 5-in-1 Curling Iron and Wand Set
The second xtava product on this list of best curling wand options, this is a set that contains 5 barrels: 1.25″-1.25″, 1″-1″, 0.7″-1″, 0.75″-0.75″, and 0.3″-0.75″. What we love about this product is the variety it offers. You don’t only get clipless curlers, but also clip ones.
- The curler is ready in seconds
- It comes with a preset temperature
- It is easy to travel with
- It does not have a cool tip design
- Does not work that well on very coarse hair
- The curler tends to get quite hot
3. Herstyler Baby Curls Mini Curling Iron
The Herstyler Mini Curling Iron is a travel-sized curling wand, which is why it’s the third best curling wand on our list. It creates waves, twists, and curls with ease. This wand is made with negative ionic and ceramic materials, which adds to its quality.
- Small, compact, lightweight, and travel-sized
- Creates a multitude of hairstyles
- Made with ion technology that promotes shine
- The slender design makes it hard to get a good grip of it
- Does not have a heat-safe tip
- Does not have a resting point so that you can place it on your counter once you’re done
2. Elehot Curling Wand Iron Set
The Elehot set uses temperature control to create the perfect curly hair. The barrels are made out of high-quality ceramic, which helps enhance shine and reduce frizz. Its multiple heat settings make it one of the best curling wand choices you have.
- Tourmaline ceramic technology for silky hair
- 31 different heat settings
- Auto shut off function
- Does not work well on shorter hair
- Can be a bit difficult to travel with
1. Homitt 5 in 1 Curling Wand Set
The Homitt Curling Wand Set features five unique barrels for different curl sizes. It is one of the most resistant curling irons you can purchase. Plus, it heats up quickly for fast styling. All in all, the unique barrels and the wand’s durability make this the best curling wand on our list.
- Strong and durable
- Creates unique curl sizes easily
- Adjustable temperature
- Not ideal for fine, short hair
- The curler does not have a display screen
- No auto shut off function
Curling wands are a must-have accessory for people who don’t want straight hairstyles all the time. A high-quality curling wand, iron, or tong will leave your hair feeling silky and smooth, but it will also protect it against the heat.
Since finding the best curling wand out there should be your top priority when you want to achieve perfect curls, we invite you to look through the list of 10 of the best curling wands we’ve provided above. Then, let us know if we missed your favorite one in the comments down below.
Recommended Read: Best Curling Brush Irons