Whether you skate competitively or just for fun, you need high-quality inline skates. If you enjoy speed skating, today’s article is perfect for you. We will look at 10 of the best inline speed skates you can buy, focusing on their main features, as well as their pros and cons. We’ve selected the 10 products below based on their price-performance ratio, affordability, unique features, and user reviews and ratings.
10. VNLA Carbon Speed Roller Blades
These skates are great for both indoor and outdoor racing. They are made from a blend of carbon fiber and fiberglass, with a 7000 Series aluminum frame. You can buy these skates in sizes 1 through 13. Sizes 1-5 have a 3×100 frame, while sizes 6-13 have a 4×100 frame.
- Made to last
- Vanilla Racing Spec bearing
- Solid and reliable
- May feel heavy on your feet
- Not suitable for beginners
- Very low heel cup which can lead to blisters
9. K2 Skate Men’s Kinetic 80 Inline Skates
One of the best inline skates from K2, these are excellent for intermediate skaters. They are comfortable and snug, adjusting according to the shape of your foot. They feature a
and come with Stability Plus Cuff. Luckily, they fit as any athletic shoe would.
- Breathable material
- Enhanced stability
- Smooth rides
- Do not make hard turns easily
- Not enough ankle support
- The wheels are held together by plastic
8. Roller Derby Boy’s V-Tech 500 Button Adjustable Inline Skate
This pair of inline skates comes with an ultra soft boot. The boot is supportive and gentle on your feet. It has a triple cam-lever buckle, as well as an adjustment system for extra comfort. You can adjust the sizing of the skates with just one button. It can accommodate men’s sizes 6 to 9.
- Soft boot
- Comfortable padding
- Speed formula wheel
- Sizes run small; order one size larger than you normally would
- The wheels are not very durable
- The shoe tongue is quite rigid
7. K2 Skate Men’s F.I.T. Pro 84 Inline Skates
These K2 skates are ultra breathable and excellent for extended use. Their wheels offer a smooth ride. They are best suited for smooth surfaces like a roller rink. They fit just like a normal athletic shoe would.
- Responsive aluminum frame
- Lateral support
- Excellent power transfer
- May feel heavy on your feet
- On the boot buckle, under the ratchet clip, there’s a bad pressure point
- The wheels wear quite fast
6. Roller Derby AERIO Q-60 Men’s Inline Skates
These skates from Roller Derby are made of durable aluminum. On the inside, the boot is soft and supportive. It conforms easily to the shape of your feet due to the memory foam padding. For security, they come with locking cam lever buckles.
- Gold 7 Race rated bearing
- Elite Speed wheels
- Professional look
- Heavy on the foot
- The heal brake is not that good
- Size runs small
5. Pacer Voyager Adult Recreational Inline Skates
The Pacer Voyager Inline Skates are made from reinforced nylon. The boot features a molded shell, three different buckles, and a comfortable inner liner. For men, the sizes range from 13J-12, and for women, going down one size is recommended.
- Deluxe liner
- Urethane wheels
- Soft inner lining
- Not meant for competitive play; suitable for roller rinks and recreational use only
- The materials seem cheap
- Cheap bearings
4. Rollerblade Zetrablade Men’s Adult Fitness Inline Skate
These skates from Rollerblade are both comfortable and stable. They are made from durable materials that are designed to last. The inside of the boot is soft and accommodating of any foot shape. The high cuff add to the support the skates provide, serving as a supportive shell.
- High-quality materials
- Easy to use
- Focused on stability
- Intended most commonly for beginners
- The wheels need replacement quite fast
- The brakes could use improvement
3. Roller Derby AERIO Q-60 Women’s Inline Skates
These inline skates feature a soft boot design. The inside of the boot contains comfortable memory foam that adjusts to the size and shape of your feet. The locking cam lever buckles ensure the skates stay snug on your feet.
- Aluminum Tri-Coil
- Elite Speed wheels
- These are the best inline speed skates for roller derbies
- Can feel heavy to inexperienced users
- Not that much padding on the sole
- They run one size small.
2. K2 Skate Men’s VO2 90 Boa Inline Skates
Another pair of K2 inline skates, these ones are some of the best inline speed skates for both recreational and competitive use. They have reinforcements around the ankles to ensure stability. Ultra durable, they are built to last for years, no matter how you choose to use them.
- Big wheels
- Boa closure system
- Not intended for beginners
- The top strap is a bit weak, which makes it hard to lock in
1. 5th Element Stealth Mens Performance Fitness Inline Skates
The best inline speed skates we’ll mention come from 5th Element. They are intended for recreational use. The bearings and the wheels are incredibly strong. This makes the skates stable and durable. Inside of the boot is an ultra-soft lining that ensures comfort.
- Good speed
- Cool style
- Incredible precision
- Not suitable for competitive use
- The wheel alignment is not perfect
- The wheel bolts loosen easily
Having a high-quality pair of inline skates is imperative for optimized performance on the skating rink. Whether you’re looking for skates suitable for beginners or for more advanced skaters, you’ll find something to suit your needs in today’s article. Did we forget to add your favorite pair to our list of 10 best inline speed skates? Let us know in the comments section below.
Recommended Read: Best Men’s Soccer Cleats