Mechanical pencils are essential tools for engineers, architects, calligraphic writers, students, and artists. They hold the lead, and do not need sharpening. Mechanical pencils offer lines with a consistent density, but before buying the best mechanical pencil for your needs, you need to consider its price, function, lead capacity, and more. Listed below are ten of the best mechanical pencils you will find on the market as per user ratings and reviews.
10. eMicro Jedo 1000 Mechanical Pencil M105
This set of eight mechanical pencils is a cross between functionality and style. They are Korean-made, and have a professional design. The ribbed grips are ergonomically designed, and can offer long usage hours without causing excessive fatigue. With 0.7mm fine points, the pencils provide precision and accuracy. They also have a pocket clip and a rear tip eraser.
- Have a comfortable ribbed grip
- Are stylish and functional
- The lead doesn’t advance easily in some pencils
9. June Gold Mechanical Pencil
If your child is into colors and sketching, you might want to consider this product that comes in a pack of 72 pencils. The pencils have a comfortable feel that lets the user enjoy their sketching and writing experience effortlessly. They feature a clicker placed on the side, which you can use to dispense lead. Moreover, the pencils have a smudge-resistant and durable eraser. They also come with six extra erasers.
- Lead advances well, and it does not break easily
- The bulk pack is always economical
- The clicker may not work well, although this rarely happens
8. Paper Mate 56037 Clearpoint Mechanical Pencil
This 12-pack of some of the best mechanical pencils on the market is suitable for anyone who wants to spend less, and still get quality pencils. Even though the pencils are oldie in style, the high ratings and reviews tell a different story. Their performance and quality have been maintained well. The pencil tips can absorb shock, hence preventing breakages. Also, its lead is twist-fed, so you will not advance it accidentally as you erase.
- The pack offers greater value
- Tips won’t break easily
- The pencils cannot be refilled
7. Uni-ball KuruToga Mechanical Pencil
This Uni-ball KuruToga pencil is quite revolutionary. It features a diamond-infused lead, a technology that makes it durable. Depending on how frequently you use it, you can go for a year without refilling the lead. The lines it offers are neither too light nor too dark, meaning you will get accurate drawings and writing.
- Its tips are virtually unbreakable
- Great aesthetics
- It does not have a grip
6. Pilot Dr. Grip Limited 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil
Even though this product was designed and made in 1996, so many improvements have been made over the years to make the mechanical pencil one of the best mechanical pencils of its time. The pencil comes in a comfy platinum metallic barrel.
- It is very luxurious
- It is valuable and will last long
- The pencil is expensive
5. Paper Mate ClearPoint 0.7mm Mechanical Pencil
Although these Paper Mate pencils come in a pack of two, they are affordable. The translucent barrel design sets them apart from other products. These pencils also have a non-slip rubberized grip that helps the user produce flawless projects. The lead is also visible, so you will know when to refill. Its click-advance button for advancing the lead is placed centrally, so you won’t stop your work to get the lead going.
- The pencil tips are retractable
- Easy to know when to refill
- The clip might break off
4. Pentel Sharp Automatic Pencil
The 0.5mm tip featured in this pencil offers crisp lines that have consistent density. This makes it fit for writing and drawing. Its lustrous metallic barrel makes it a durable tool. To offer more value, Pentel uses Hi-polymer HB lead, which is the best-selling lead globally.
- Comes in an elegant and beautiful design
- It is fitted with top-quality lead
- The eraser isn’t big enough
3. Pentel GraphGear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil
These Pentel chiseled metallic pencils are one the best mechanical pencils on the market. Just like other Pentel pencils, the GraphGear 1000 is fitted with quality Hi-Polymer lead for a smooth writing experience. Its tip is 0.5mm. It is accurate and sharp, and will not break easily. It also erases well.
- Has a comfortable grip
- It is metallic and durable
- The metallic barrel cannot withstand too much pressure
2. BIC Xtra-Sparkle Mechanical Pencil
We all probably know about Bic, so seeing one of their products in this list of best mechanical pencil options isn’t surprising. This set of 24 pencils contains pencils provided in different colors, making it an exciting set, especially for kids. They have a vibrant and bright design that suits younger artists and writers.
- Sparkly, colorful barrels
- Lead advances are smooth and quick
- Barrels are made using light plastic
1. Pentel Twist-Erase III Mechanical Pencil
Designed for office and school use, these Pentel pencils come in assorted colors, in a pack of 4. Their design makes maneuverability and handling very easy. The barrels are availed in different diameters, so that they can suit different users. The fitted, latex-free grips make it easy for the user to finish their project with less fatigue. You will love the long-lasting erasers as well.
- The lead advances smoothly and consistently
- The pencils have a comfortable grip
- You have to hold the eraser throughout as you erase
There are many mechanical pencils on the market that are durable, versatile, and useful, depending on the kind of work you need them for. Before choosing the best mechanical pencil for you, make sure you check ratings and reviews such as this one, so that you can buy the best mechanical pencil you possibly can. If you have thoughts on the products reviewed here, or you want to suggest another best mechanical pencil, leave a comment down below.
Recommended Read: Best Fax Machines