A mini crib is perfect for when your baby is just learning to sleep alone. The best thing about them is that they do not take up too much room in your nursery. In this article, we will look at 10 mini cribs available online, to help you pick the best mini crib for your baby’s needs. We will provide an overview of each product, followed by a list of pros and cons, so you can make an informed decision in regard to the comfort of your baby.
11. Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
This mini crib has been tested for lead according to government standards. It converts into both a daybed or a twin-sized bed. The bed frame and the twin-size rail are sold separately, and the mattress and bedding you see in the image below are not included.
- Free of toxic elements
- Sturdy construction
- Comes with all the tools you need to assemble it
- The replacement pieces are not great
- The pressed wood base does not allow the mattress to breathe
- There is no available conversion kit
10. Dream On Me Addison 4 in 1 Convertible Mini Crib
The next crib from Dream On Me can convert into a day bed as well. It has been tested for lead and other toxic chemicals, and it meets ASTM standards. It comes with all the tools you need to assemble it, and it has a solid pine wood finish.
- Made out of sturdy pine wood
- 3 mattress positions available
- Ergonomic design
- Must buy rails separately to convert into other types of beds
- It has a strong smell in the beginning
- The instructions are confusing
9. Storkcraft Eastwood 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
If you’re looking for a simple and minimalistic crib for your baby, this is the best mini crib for your needs. The crib has a contemporary feel to it that will never get old, and you can convert it into a daybed or a toddler bed.
- Classic look
- Adjustable mattress
- To turn it into a toddler bed, you have to purchase a separate rail
- The crib does not come with a mattress
- Unpleasant smell the first few days
8. Dream On Me Violet Mini Crib
This crib has a unique, traditional shape. Its pine wood construction has been tested for lead and other toxic compounds. The crib weighs 40 lbs., and when it is assembled, it measures 42L x 25W x 36H inches.
- Beautiful design
- Lovely pine wood finish
- Meets CPSC standards
- Must purchase railings separately
- Smaller than it looks in the picture
- The material seems cheap
7. Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
This crib from Delta Children features a two-position mattress adjustment bar. It also comes with casters for simple maneuverability. You can fold it flat and store it easily when you don’t need it or when you’re going traveling.
- Easy to store
- Mattress quality is considered low by many reviewers; may need to replace the mattress
- Strong smell at the beginning
- Very thin mattress
6. Dream On Me 2 in 1 Portable Folding Stationary Side Crib
Another crib from Dream On Me, this one can be both a crib and a playpen, which makes it highly interesting. It can fold completely flat for travel or for storage. The crib is stationary, which means it doesn’t have a drop side rail design like most cribs do.
- Includes a mattress pad
- Includes all tools for assembly
- Can be difficult to put together
- The railing might not be high enough for some kids
- Included hardware is cheap quality
5. DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
This mini crib is not only a crib, but it can also turn into a twin bed. It features two adjustable mattress positions. This bed includes a waterproof pad. The crib is lower than others, which means you can easily reach your child.
- Easy reach
- Constructed of solid wood
- Non-toxic paint
- Can be difficult to assemble
- Does not come with a mattress
- The crib comes with large stickers that are difficult to remove
4. Graco Travel Lite Crib with Stages
This is a crib especially designed for traveling. It is a height-adjustable crib that grows with your child. It folds into a compact size making it easy for you to carry it around. You can also turn it into a portable playpen.
- Can turn into a playard
- Made primarily of plastic
- The product would benefit from more color options
- Not great for very active kids
3. Babyletto Origami Mini Crib
The Origami Mini Crib from Babyletto is collapsible for simple travel and storage. It features two different adjustable mattress levels, which makes it the third best mini crib on this list. The finish is non-toxic, and the crib is phthalate and lead free, meeting CPSC safety standards.
- Made of resistant pinewood
- Includes one mattress pad
- Comes with four locking casters
- Pieces are heavy and can be hard to assemble
- The stickers on the crib are difficult to remove
- The paint might chip easily
2. DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
One of the main things that make this Alpha Mini Rocking Crib the second best mini crib around is that it features attachable and detachable wheels. These make it simple to move the crib from room to room. It comes with a one-inch washable mattress pad included.
- Easy to clean
- Made of sustainable pine wood
- Easy to assemble
- The finish may scratch easily
- The color might be misleading
- The mattress pad is thin and not very qualitative
1. DaVinci Emily 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed in White Finish
The last and best mini crib we’ll talk about today is another one from DaVinci. This one is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood. It features two adjustable mattress heights. Plus, it is lower profile, which means it’s easier to reach than other cribs. It also converts to a twin-size bed, making it one of the best mini cribs you can buy.
- Includes one waterproof pad
- Phthalate and lead safe
- Sturdy and well-built
- Difficult to assemble
- You need to air it out before using it
- The instructional picture is misleading
Mini cribs are a great alternative to bulky, full-sized cribs. If you’re looking for a crib for kids that can fit in small spaces, today’s article is perfect for you. Use it as a shopping guide for when you want to decide on the best mini crib for small nurseries that accommodates your needs. Do you have a favorite mini crib that we didn’t mention today? Let us know all about it in the comments section below.
Recommended Read: Best Baby Monitors