13pH testing is an important part of planting a garden. The soil needs to be just right in order not to damage your plants or vegetables. In this article, we will explore the 10 best soil pH test kits you can buy. We will provide a brief overview of each product. Then, we will mention its pros and cons, as well as its rating on Amazon. Let’s find the best soil pH test kit for your gardening needs!
10. Soil Tester, Deepow 3-in-1 Soil Moisture Meter
This Deepow soil tester tests the pH level, moisture level, and light level in the soil. This unit needs no batteries in order to run.
– Extremely accurate
– Easy to use
– Cannot be used in compact, tight soil
The product has been rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by Amazon customers, out of 70 reviews.
9. Bodear 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit
Another 3-in-1 product, this one responds as soon as you press it into the soil. It tests the light, pH level, and moisture level in the soil, all at once.
– Instant read probe
– Professional accuracy
– Scale is a bit small and may be hard to read
The kit has been rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by Amazon reviewers, according to 183 reviews.
8. Minilop 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit
This kit also test the light, pH levels, and moisture levels in the soil all at one time. The values of each become readable in only a few seconds.
– Contributes to a healthy growing environment for your plants
– It doesn’t require batteries
– Can be used both indoors and outdoors
– Sensitive probe cannot be used in hard rocky soil
Amazon shoppers have given this soil tester 5 out of 5 stars, out of 11 reviews.
7. Soilster | Most Accurate 3 in 1 Garden Soil Analysis Tester/Hygrometer
As you might’ve already guessed, the Soilster Garden Soil Tester tests moisture, light and pH levels. It allows you to be sure your plants are always taken care of properly.
– Easy to use and read
– Premium grade material
– Prongs are weaker than other testers
The tester has been given a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, from 13 customer reviews.
6. VATNTAKOOL 3-in-1 Soil Moisture Meter
The VATNTAKOOL tester will read light levels, pH levels, and moisture levels as well. It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor plants.
– Wide use
– Provides an easy-to-read valve
– Probe may be sensitive when used with hard soil
Amazon shoppers have given the product 4.4 out of 5 stars, from 33 reviews.
5. Gain Express Soil pH & Moisture Meter
Gain Express Soil pH Meter measures both the soil’s moisture and its pH levels. It is self-powered and does not need any batteries to operate.
– High accuracy
– Not ideal for hard soil or rocky soil
Amazon customers have given the product 4.3 out of 5 stars, according to 19 reviews.
4. Alotpower 3-in-1 Soil Tester Meter
This tester can measure pH levels, moisture, and light found in the soil. It requires no batteries or electricity to run.
– Easy to use
– Scientifically accurate
– Compact and portable
– Not ideal for firm soil or soil with hard rocks in it
The tester has been rated 4.3 out of 5 stars, out of 27 customer reviews.
3. Dr.meter 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit
The 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit from Dr. meter can test for three things: light, moisture, and pH acidity. It needs no battery or electricity.
– Easy to read indicator
– High accuracy
– Rapid response
– Comes with a delicate probe
Amazon customers have given the kit 4.3 out of 5 stars, from 732 reviews.
2. Kelway PHD Soil PH meter
This pH soil tester focuses only on testing the pH of the soil, which contributes to its effectiveness. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor plants. The unit requires no water or batteries to run.
– Small size
– Doesn’t require the use of chemicals
– Comes with full instructions
– Cannot be used in hard, rocky soil
The product has been given 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 79 customer reviews.
1. Luckmall Soil PH Moisture Meter
The last product on today’s list, and the best soil pH test kit you can buy, the Luckmall one tests for both moisture and pH levels in the soil. It needs no battery power or electricity to run.
– You can use it both indoors and outdoors
– Easy to read
– Delicate probe is not suited for firm soil
Amazon customers have given the kit 5 out of 5 stars, out of 7 reviews.
In order to make sure the soil in your garden is ready for you to start planting flowers, vegetables, and fruits in it, you should take a soil test and measure its pH levels. What easier way to do that than to use a soil pH test kit? Take a look at our list of the 10 best soil pH test kit options you have and decide on the most appropriate one for you. Also, feel free to suggest any product we may have missed in the comments below.