Pomades are a great way for men to enjoy the hairstyle they always dreamed of having. They are perfect for those who like slick hair, pompadour looks, or anything in between. In this article, we will offer an overview of the 10 best water based pomades on the market, by looking at their features, pros and cons, and Amazon ratings.
10. GOLDEN COAST COMPANY Hair Styling Pomade for Men
This product is a clear pomade that washes out with no residue. It is best suited for men with short to medium hair lengths. The pomade is not tested on animals.
– Light scent
– Keeps hair shape very well
– Low maintenance
– Not ideal for longer hair
The pomade has been given a 4.5 out of 5 star rating by Amazon reviewers, out of 75 reviews.
9. Smooth Viking Pomade for Men
The Smooth Viking Pomade needs only a small amount to keep hair styled all day long. The pomade is matte and offers a striking definition.
– A little bit goes a long way
– Rinses easily
– Low maintenance formula
– Offers a weak hold when used without water
The product has been rated 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon, from 374 customer reviews.
8. Imperial Barber Grade Products Gel Pomade
This gel pomade features vitamin B5. This allows you to nourish and strengthen your hair as you style it. It adds volume to fine hair to give it extra lift.
– Dries tight
– Great for a variety of styles
– Leaves white residue in some types of hair
The pomade has been given a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, according to 127 reviews.
7. Rocky Mountain Barber Company Pomade for Men
This pomade from Rocky Mountain Barber Company uses no oil and is simple to wash out. It features a pleasant and light natural scent that does not overpower.
– Leaves behind no residue
– Easy to apply
– Barber grade performance
– Won’t straighten out curlier hair
This pomade has been given a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 146 reviews.
6. Union Hair Pomade 4oz Firm Medium Hold
This pomade gives a strong hold to both short and medium length hair. It is simple to wash out of your hair without the need for special shampoo.
– Firm hold
– Provides natural shine
– Not ideal for long hair
Amazon shoppers have rated this product 4.4 stars out of 5, out of 98 customer reviews.
5. O’Douds – All Natural Water Based Pomade
The O’Douds pomade offers a firm and shiny hold. It has a slight cedar citrus fragrance that is bold and refreshing.
– Strong hold
– Works on all types of hair
– Can make hair and hands slightly sticky
The pomade has been given a 4.3 out of 5 star rating from shoppers on Amazon, according to 115 reviews.
4. Suavecito Pomade Firme Hold
This product offers an incredibly strong hold for bold styling. It washes out with ease without you using special shampoo. With no harsh chemicals, hair will not get dried out.
– Bold and interesting design
– Water soluble
– Moderate shine
– Has a strong cologne scent that might be considered overpowering
This pomade from Suavecito has been given a 4.5 out of 5 star rating by those shopping on Amazon, out of 1,828 reviews.
3. Tip Top Original Water Based Pomade
The Tip Top Pomade offers a low to medium shine. This water based product features a strong hold for virtually any hairstyle, which is what makes it one of the best water based pomades on the market. It comes with a slightly sweet and caramelized scent.
– Provides hair with shine
– Keeps hair in desired position
– May leave white flakes after prolonged use
Amazon shoppers have given the pomade a review of 4.2 out of 5 stars, from 21 customer reviews.
2. Imperial Barber Grade Products Classic Pomade
This classic pomade from Imperial Barber Grade Products is definitely worthy of its name. It features what they call “industrial strength hold.” This pomade offers a slight shine and applies ultra smoothly. It washes out with just a little bit of water.
– All day wear
– Perfect for versatile hairstyles
– Better suited for thick hair only; thin hair may not style correctly
The product has received a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, according to 622 reviews.
1. Rhett and Link’s Mythical Pomade
The last pomade on today’s list is the Rhett and Link’s one, which uses organic argan and jojoba oils. This helps nourish the hair as it styles it. The pomade will not leave your hair feeling crunchy. It offers a medium hold to give hair a little bit of movement as well.
– Made with solar power
– Conditions the hair
– Salon quality
– Large container
– Takes a lot of product to get the hair styled properly
On Amazon, this pomade has been given a 4.6 out of 5 star rating, out of 357 reviews.
Pomade is an important asset in any man’s styling routine. Whether you have thick or thin, straight or curly hair, a high-quality hair pomade will allow you to style it as you wish. If you want your hair to turn out exactly as you imagined it, try a water based pomade. These 10 best water based pomades we’ve showcased today can become your favorites in no time. Did we forget about your favorite one? Tell us all about it in the comments down below.