Whether you're a glamor girl or a stay at home mom, there is one thing you don't want to neglect. That is your personal care. Taking care of your skin is vital to good health, a radiant appearance, and the prevention of acne and premature aging.
We all have a morning routine that we perform before we head out for the day, but are the personal care products you are using really doing as much for your skin as you think? Many products use inferior ingredients, and some use ingredients that are downright damaging to our skin.
In order to make an informed decision and avoid a bathroom cabinet full of unused, ineffective products, we have taken the time to review some of the top personal care products available.
We looked at products available at the grocery store and products made in small batches by boutique manufacturers to accommodate every price point.
Take a minute to read the results of our research before you purchase any personal care products. We have even selected our number one choice for the most versatile, effective product available.
1. What Are Personal Care Products?
Personal care products are used to maintain your skin, specifically facial skin. They are used to combat a host of issues, including redness, inflammation, oil control, acne, and they reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
2. What Ingredients Should I Look for in Personal Care Products?
The best personal care products contain natural ingredients and plant extracts. Look for products with vitamins E, C, and B5. Rosewater and witch hazel are popular ingredients with soothing properties.
Products with an SPF factor will protect against photoaging. Beware of products that contain alcohol (it is very drying), parabens, phthalates, and mineral oil.
3. Where Can I Purchase Personal Care Products?
Personal care products can be purchased at salons, boutiques, and spas. Some mass-produced personal care products are available at grocery and drug stores.
Many personal care products are also available online. We have provided links to the personal care products we have reviewed in this article.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed the products in this article based on their ingredients, their effectiveness, customer satisfaction, price, and ease of use. We took into account the versatility of the products and what skin types they were best suited for.
Also, we know how frustrating it is to purchase personal care products based on their marketing, only to get them home and discover they do not live up to their hype.
So, we did our best to provide information that will help you make an informed decision. We selected our top product based on its formula, its effectiveness, and the length of time it has been on the market.
Overall Price Range
The prices for the personal care products we have reviewed in this article range in price from $7 to $43. The less expensive products are manufactured by large, global companies and are typically available at grocery and drug stores.
They contain common ingredients and may contain parabens, phthalates, and alcohol. Many of the companies that manufacture the less expensive products test their products on animals.
European companies that have been in business for decades or even centuries may manufacture the products on the high end of the price range. They tend to use premium, natural ingredients like rosewater and plant essences.
They do not contain petrochemicals or other harmful substances, and they are manufactured in cruelty-free conditions. The more expensive products may be available in salons and boutiques but typically can not be found in the grocery store.
What We Reviewed
OLEHENRIKSEN Ole Henriksen
- A pore-purifying cleanser with powerful AHAs to reduce excess oil and unclog pores, without stripping skin.
- Solutions for: - Oiliness - Pores - Acne and blemishes
- Good for: ✔ Oily ✔ Combination
The Ole Henriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser contains powerful alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) that unclog pores and reduce excess oil. The formula uses green fusion complex and neem seed oil for deep cleansing.
Your senses will be awakened by the invigorating eucalyptus scent. The glycolic and lactic acids will slough off dead skin cells so they do not build up and clog your pores. The result is a complexion that is balanced and refreshed with a healthy glow.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
- 18-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash with Nourishing Oat to help replenish skin's natural...
- This gentle creamy body wash moisturizes dry skin for noticeably healthier-looking skin every time you shower
- Unique Aveeno formula combines nourishing oatmeal with rich emollients, to lock in moisture and is gentle enough for...
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion contains a unique blend of soothing oatmeal that will moisturize your dry skin for a full 24 hours. The lotion absorbs quickly, leaving you with soft, healthy-looking skin.
This lotion is clinically proven and award-winning. It improves the health of your skin by locking in its moisture, making skin healthy and beautiful. Protect and nourish your skin for soft, smooth results.
This lotion is not greasy, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free, so it is safe to use on a daily basis. The Aveeno brand has been recommended by dermatologists for over 65 years, so you can purchase this lotion with confidence.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
The Bioderma Sensibio H2O Soothing Micellar Cleansing Water is perfectly compatible with your skin. It contains unique micelles that are very similar to your skin's natural composition.
The micelles contain an active ingredient that mimics your skin's composition and captures impurities.
Bioderma uses a scientific approach that uses the biological mechanisms of the skin to formulate its products. This cleansing water is a favorite of makeup artists because it is gentle, yet effective.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater
- A refreshing, hydrating mist to use anywhere anytime. Simply formulated with fragrant herbal extracts and rosewater for...
- Ideal for dry environments. Safe for all skin types. Gentle, non-irritating
- Mist on face, neck and hair as needed. Will not disturb makeup.
The Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater provides hydrating relief to dehydrated, tight skin. It is ideal to use prior to applying day or night creams for added hydration. It is also perfect to set makeup or to perk up dry hair.
This hydrating mist is refreshing and can be used anywhere and at any time. The spray contains fragrant herbal extracts such as gardenia and rose that provide the skin with a boost of antioxidants.
It contains aloe vera for light, soothing hydration and bladderwrack to soften and nourish the skin. Thyme provides natural clarifying properties. This spray is ideal for dry environments, and it is the perfect companion on long plane rides. The spray is gentle and safe for all skin types.
Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner w
- Natural Botanical Skin Toner: Cleanses, tones and moisturizes with rosewater, witch hazel extract, and filet of aloe...
- Witch Hazel: proprietary extract contains 195% more tannins than competitors, tightens pores, controls acne and oil...
- Beneficial Tannins: mild antioxidant properties, reduces irritation, balances skin pH, clears skin
Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner is made of non-distilled, proprietary extract that contains 195% more tannins than competitive products.
Witch hazel has strong anti-oxidant and astringent properties that will tighten pores, reduce redness and inflammation, and control acne and oil production.
It also reduces bacteria growth and oil production, heals infections, and prevents acne. This toner will return the skin to its optimal pH level after using cleansers that strip and dry the skin.
The proprietary formula includes aloe vera, witch hazel extract, and rosewater. This product has withstood the test of time; it's been manufactured by the Thayer company since 1847. The toner does not contain alcohol, parabens, or propylene glycol.
COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- 🌞 Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser: With a mildly acidic pH level, this cleanser is highly effective in cleansing...
- 🌞 Key Ingredient: BHA (Betaine Salicylate) helps mildly wash away all the impurities on your skin, and tea tree oil...
- 🌞 Say No to Dry Skin: Cleanses the skin without stripping feeling and leaves the skin refreshed, clean and glowy.
Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is a gentle cleanser with a mildly acidic pH level. It is highly effective in removing excess oil from the skin in a gentle manner that will not dry out or irritate your skin.
It contains Betaine Salicylate (BHA) to cleanse impurities from the skin and tea tree oil helps soothe irritated skin. Use the cleanser both morning and night for continuously clean skin. The cleanser contains 5% Styrax Japonicus extract to clarify the skin.
It does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. The cleanser is low pH to hydrate and protect the skin.
LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer 1.7 Oz
- Advanced Anti-Aging. Maximum strength Retinol formula delivers lifting, brightening, and rejuvenating benefits to the...
- High Potency Results. Infused with a carefully balanced blend of highly effective anti-aging and wrinkle-fighting...
- Triple Duty Beauty Benefits. With a lightweight texture and zero residue, Retinol Cream absorbs immediately to leave...
LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer features an advanced anti-aging formula that can be used night and day without experiencing peeling, flaking, or dry skin typically associated with maximum strength retinol products.
The moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid, green tea, vitamin e, shea butter, and jojoba oil. This cream is ideal for any skin type and is suitable for use by men and women.
After using this product, you will notice visible changes in fine lines and wrinkles, as well as the fading of sunspots, scars, acne, and stretch marks.
You will see improvements in skin tone, texture, and overall appearance. This cream absorbs quickly and does not leave an oily or sticky residue. The moisturizer has a pleasant fragrance, contains no parabens, is gluten-free, and is not tested on animals.
No B.S. Charcoal Peel Off Mask
- BLACKHEAD REMOVER WITH ACTIVATED CHARCOAL painlessly peels away dirt and debris better than pore strips without removing...
- SQUALANE, PLANT STEM CELLS & GARDEN CRESS EXTRACT work their way deep into your skin while you wait for it to dry...
- NO BAD STUFF: No parabens, no sulfates, no phthalates, no toxic petrochemicals, no artificial fragrances. GLUTEN FREE....
The No B.S. Charcoal Peel Off Mask allows you to peel toxins off your face painlessly to reveal your radiant skin. The activated charcoal draws toxins from pores, making them appear smaller. It deep cleans and balances oily skin.
Garden cress extract infuses your skin with anti-oxidants, activates the skin's detoxifying abilities, and treats hyperpigmentation. Squalane keeps skin balanced and moisturized which improves elasticity.
You will see visible results after the first use and increased results with continuous use. The mask does not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, petrochemicals, artificial fragrances, or gluten. It is safe for all skin types. The mask is made in America and is cruelty-free
Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes
- Twin pack of 25 count soft, pre-moistened Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Face Wipes to remove makeup and...
- Makeup remover facial Towelettes work to dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and makeup on the skin, for superior cleansing...
- Removes even stubborn waterproof mascara—with these eye makeup remover wipes which are specially formulated to be...
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes will remove makeup and cleanse your skin in one step.
The towelettes dissolve traces of makeup, dirt, and oil from the skin. They are tested to remove 99.3% of all makeup, including waterproof mascara, while being gentle enough to be used by wearers of contact lenses.
The wipes are disposable, and they leave no residue, so you do not need to rinse after using them. They contain an alcohol-free formula that gently cleanses. They are allergy tested and ophthalmologist and dermatologist approved.
Supergoop! SPF 30 Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum
- A LIGHTWEIGHT MORNING LOTION - This silky smooth anti-aging face serum helps fight the signs of photoaging & leaves your...
- PREP & PROTECT - This wrinkle serum contains antioxidant-rich ingredients like Vitamins E & B5 to defend against free...
- FEEL-GOOD FORMULA - Our non-greasy, non-comedogenic facial serum sunscreen absorbs easily, won’t clog pores, &...
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum with SPF 30 is a morning moisturizer that contains SPF to protect from the sun's harmful rays. Skin feels smooth and soft after every use. The silky serum fights signs of photoaging.
It contains the anti-oxidants vitamin E, and B5 that will make your skin soft and radiant. It provides broad-spectrum protection with SPF 30 sunscreen. Also, it is can be used on all skin tones and skin types, including men and children. It is ideal to use year-round, every day.
Based on our research, we believe the leader in personal care products is Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner. In production since 1847, this toner is made with a non-distilled, proprietary extract that delivers 195% more tannins than other products.
It will tighten your pores, reduce redness and inflammation, and controls acne and bacteria growth. It contains aloe vera, witch hazel extract, and rosewater, and it is free of alcohol, parabens, and propylene glycol.
Whether you are looking for serious oil control or just a quick hydrating spritz during the day, you will be delighted with Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API